Hell's Half Acre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Shades of the unknown  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shades of the unknown

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:23 pm
Despite the Djinn's surprise, Voriel replied as calmly as he was able, "Even if what you said was a lucky coincidence, it is still a vital clue. It was in the wrong language, like you said but the meaning is the same. Inferno." He frowned, "But is isn't enough; the context is missing.  But we cannot just guess words and hope more of my powers return. The words are not enough- the speaker has to know they are saying the name. That is why trying to find an outsiders' name is so difficult for morals."

Trying to add some leviity, Voriel added regarding his true form,  "So if you are frightened again, can I expect you so sprout another head?"

Realizing it was not the time, in response to his inquiry about Rahsaan he says,  "He's alive, but he is certainly not okay. None of them are. There is something very wrong about this dwarven kingdom they are in. You cannot enter, my vision is blurred, Rahsaan's curse is made manifest, it is under assault from ceaseless goblin attacks . . ."

He gasped, "The moose wizard. Him leading them here could not have been any sort of favor and that is beyond evident now. I was too caught up in the moment striking down those goblins. I should have realized this was all wrong and made them leave immediately."

His eyes glaze over as he seemed even more defeated, "And now they travel even deeper into the mountain . . ."
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:33 pm
Mahlajai nodded in understanding of the angel's name but grinned at the thought of sprouting an additional head, but sighed, "No-unfortunately that was pretty much it."

The djinn spoke again, "I finally figured out why I was barred entry. In the same way fire and water don't mix, it's likewise for creatures of air and earth. I don't like being underground, and most things that dwell beneath dirt aren't thrilled about being forced into the sun. Right now, theres too much of a power imbalance for me to even step foot inside-I'm just not strong enough to cross their threshold."

As Voriel pieced the sequence of events together, Mahlajai nodded. "That one is up to something, but nobody is powerful enough to have indefinite forces. There's no magic or illusions I know of that can actually harm people...so that rules out illusion magic, because they were definitely getting hurt."

Mahlajai rubbed his temples in frustration, "More questions and no answers...this is a nightmare!"
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:08 pm
Voriel tapped his chin in thought before he offered a shrug, "Three heads would have been more helpful in determining their plight, but that is niether here nor there. We both know fell magic is at work, but I agree; it is not an illusion. Eylylyn is too perspective to fall for such crude parlor tricks."

"The fiend that visited us is the same one that has spoken to me before, I am certain of it. But why did it appear to Rahsaan now? I've had to regather my strength before and yet it did not make a move. Why do it in this place?"
Clearly the angel is talking to himself out loud as much as Mahlajai. Before the other spirit can answer he continues, "Unless it had to, take advantage of the opportunity. The voice started after encountering the hags in the mill- that was still within a journey to this mountain. And it used my connection to Rahsaan to come to us, here."

At this time it looked clear that Voriel wished he had something to write with, but he instead continued, "All the while it was taunting me- it echoed my own fears and doubts. If it had the power to do so over that distance, what is it capable of once they are within its clutches? That's what this thing is doing. It motivates by appealing to fear."

We will meet in person soon . . .

"They are following after an assassin, they fear that the king's life is in danger. . . No, this is another trick! They must be walking into a trap!"

He was talking over Mahlajai, but after the Djini had finished speaking, Voriel let out long gasp.

"Mahlajai ! You're a genius!"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum