Hell's Half Acre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

What's my Motivation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's my Motivation?

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:40 pm
Ember nodded, “Yes-another Fallen Angel. I do not mean insult by referring to you in such a way. I must speak only truth. You who were once great and bore messages between the divine hosts and served your master in times of war, have fallen to this place. Your glory diminished. Your power severed. You have lost favor.”

She continued speaking neither harshly nor with sympathy but completely void of emotion, as though reciting a drilled over-rehearsed speech, “You know the power that lies in a name so I need not tell you that knowing who this other is actually called -is powerful knowledge. I cannot speak to who it was, but I can tell you who it calls itself now.”

——————————

Izek was much slower to answer this time. “I- I feel...conflicted. I’m still not sure this isn’t a dream...As much as I like the idea that there’s possibly something about me that is special, I also am scared that if I were to keep this that I might end up going out of control. I don’t like not being in control...when the devil had me, I felt like I was like that little kid all alone in the woods dying...only this time no one was coming to save me. Do you have any idea what I’m talking about?”

Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:17 am
Voriel did his best to hide the look of surprise on his face, trying to match her level of unreadibility. While he still wasn't thrilled being labeled as"fallen", she at least meant it in the neutral term, and not an angel who had succumbed to wickedness.
"Unless I am sorely mistaken, the other celestial here is the one I have lost. Even if it isn't, than at the very least I  an still ask them how they got here and who they served."

Voriel grimanced, "Assuming they remember. Please, let me know their current name so that I may find them."

He then added, "Also, would you happen to know if they have their own body, or are they having to speak through like-blooded mortals like us?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do understand." Rahsaan replied, "But know Strahd had you for his own evil purposes, this . . . spirit of renewal is different. She can help you, not just force you to submit to her demands.  Do not think of it as something else taking over you. Think of it like . . . ." He thought for a moment, "A part of you that does not always shows itself, but does so in your hour of need. A part of you that stands up to someone or something when you would rather hide. Someone that completes you."
He sounded as if he was realizing the meaning of the words themselves as he attempted to reassure his brother.
"Sorry, now it is my turn to make sure you understand."
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 am
Ember blinked again. “Clarification-you have fallen, the other is different. Though you both are here, you shared the same master. The other has its own physical form though it too has changed.”

The Phoenix picked at some dirt or ash that had landed in its sleeve as she spoke, “It is called many names: fallen one, slave, the broken, Strahd. But it refers to itself as The Abbot.”

————————-

Izek thought about it for a long moment before asking, “So its like a strong memory? I don’t always think about it but when I do it makes me feel different. I still am in control of what I do but my ‘memory’ influences my actions? Is that right?”
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:13 am
Voriel gave a look of confusion as he said,  "So I am the one who is fallen, yet the angel who is called 'fallen one' is not. Your kind has some strange definitions."

He then said, "But you said we both served the same master. Did this 'Abbot' come here at Uriel's behest? And if so, why and what purpose did that serve? Was he here to defeat Strahd and could not, too enraptured with his failure to return to the heavens?  Does he now serve Strahd now that he is trapped here? When did he get here? Does he know about me? How does  . . ."

Ember realized that the angel's questions may continue until he is interrupted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rahsaan said, "Not quite like a memory, to me anyway it is like a strong day dream, letting another force influence your thoughts and actions but not outright surrendering to it. But if you do want this to end, just try and refocus on yourself- you are the one speaking with Voriel, You are the one standing in the hot springs,  and you are finished loaning out your body."

He gave what best could be described as a mental shrug,  "Or ride it out. I usually just do that."
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:22 pm
The Phoenix shook her head. “You have fallen. The Abbot IS Fallen. You are different.”

At the volume of questions Ember simply raised a hand. “I have spoken what I know.”

———————

Izek sighed, “As long as this thing isn’t trying to kill me or anything I guess it’s fine. Gonna take some time to get used to it.”
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:51 pm
Voriel almost replied, "I have not fallen!" but caught himself. What sense was there to be arguing with a vessel of knowledge and wisdom? Also, his protest was not the words of someone who knew they were true. His holiness would come out in his deeds and appearance. Still, that might not be a great sign that Ember's first impression of him was that of the fallen.

"So, I suppose it was all well and good that Izek has an idea about what to do with his life, but what about you, firebird? Do you plan to lead him to his great destiny, bestow your powers upon him to strike against Strahd? Take him somewhere where you can preserve your knowledge and safeguard it from fell creatures who would try and extract secrets better off forgotten?"

He leaned in and added, "And just between you and me, mortals tend not to like it when they are called, 'shells, husks, vessels,' and the like. In fact, I don't even think of Rahsaan as one. He is so much more than that."
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm
Ember tilted her head at an odd angle. “He was unintended, but I have plans to bring a new spirit of change to this realm assuming it agrees.”

At Voriel’s comment Ember blinked again slowly. “What is their preferred title descriptor- Appendage?”
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:48 pm
Voriel let out a small laugh, “You could at least call them mortals. I mean. . .”

He then seems to catch himself, shake his head, and then in a stern voice said, “You know what, no. Call them by their actual names, for the gods sake! The human’s body that he is kindly lending you is Izek. He’s the brother to the boy I’m speaking through. His name is Rahsaan.  I used to think of them as walking blobs of flesh but they are far more than that. If it was not for them, neither of us would be able to have this discussion. I’d be lingering off in the mists forgotten and you’d still be sleeping.”

He crossed his arms, “You cannot expect them to respect you if you don’t respect them back.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum