Hell's Half Acre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Twang

Haunted Cabin’s Rest. Empty Haunted Cabin’s Rest.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:14 pm
Twang slowly trudged to the meat cellar where Badan and the Kolyanavich’s were being held. He first focused on Ireena making sure she was still uninjured before taking account of Izmark and Badan. Through his blood and burns he forced a smile at all of them. First focusing on Badan he spoke in Dwarven tongue calling forth the voices of now slain comrades.

"Íhugaðu nóttin vistuð.”

He then nodded and faced the siblings.

“We rest here. Threat has been dealt with... for good this time. The trick is holy water. Will you all be ready to leave by first light?”
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Haunted Cabin’s Rest. Empty Re: Haunted Cabin’s Rest.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:16 pm
Upon opening the cellar, Badan initially throws himself at the Kenku, his head having been wrapped with part of Ireena's scarf. He only managed to stop his momentum by Izmark gripping at his leg and dragging him to a stop, the dwarven blades stopping inches from Twang's neck.
He quickly sheathes one of the blades and leans heavily against the nearby wall. Clearly the wound he received was taxing.

Izmark releases the dwarf after seeing his halted motion and unashamedly falls asleep. Ireena for her part looks up to Twang for signs that they are safe, a dim ray of hope shining forth from her deep brown eyes.

Upon hearing the dwarven speech a rare and momentous thing occurs. Badan laughs. Not a mere chuckle mind you, but a full on deep throaty belly buster.
He nods to Twang and says in grateful response, "Gefðu mér hundrað dverga...." The dwarf then takes the butt end of knife blade and taps on the Kenku's shield in a symbol of respect.

After seeing Badan's outburst and hearing the all clear Ireena turns to her brother and over to Badan, surveying their injuries before turning back to face Twang and saying, "We will manage. The real question is will all of you?" She sniffed in the swordsman's direction as she says, "You seem to have gone and gotten yourself a bit singed. I can only hope your companions fared better?"

Badan turns to face her and says, "He is familiar with fires hotter. He will hold his ground." But then Badan turns back, his look returned to its normal state "Your friends?"
Twang

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:21 pm
Twang nods back to Badan as he taps his shield

"Og við munum færa fjöll".

He leaned back against the wall as Ireena overlooked her brother and made the decision they would be ready to leave in the morning.

"Glad to hear it."

When questioned about his own wounds he laughed.

"Out of my companions...I am the one most injured. Though you shouldn't worry. The flames that enveloped have forged me into something greater."

With his last statement he beat his own chest with his shield.

FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:42 pm
Badan nods in understanding. "Good. Too open here" he says as he gestures to the cabin above.

At the kenku's latter statement Ireena turns to face him asnd asks, "How can you be more than who you are? Does a single fight change you so much? I thought you to be a seasoned fighter...was I wrong?"
Twang

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:46 am
Twang cocked his head to the side and scratched at his beak with his free claw while considering the lady’s question.

“Even a seasoned fighter can improve, grow, and learn. When fighting you must not only fight the enemy, but your own limitations.”

He shrugged.

“For example, pain is easier to deal with after experiencing it once. There are those who are afraid of fire... I now know how well my body can take that fire and am not afraid. I can walk through fire to reach an enemy confident I can destroy them.”

Twang sighed and made a clicking noise with his tongue.

“Forgive me. I’m not a teacher and struggle to use my words efficiently to get my point across.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum