Hell's Half Acre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Twang

At The Peak Empty At The Peak

Mon May 06, 2019 4:34 pm
Gohzrik took in a deep breath of cold fresh as the group made their way outside. Much to his surprise they had arrived at the top of cliff. There was no mist this time so Ezra was not to thank, it was their wit and keen senses that led them here. He walked over to the edge of the cliff and peered over, unable to see the bottom. With a strong sniff he loosened some phlegm and mucus and heartily spat it out off the cliff side.

He turned away from the cliff and knelt down some feet away from it. He wished they had time to rest. Ever since Eylylyn attempted her spell his armor hadn’t been sitting right and he needed to adjust the fittings. He sighed as he rummaged quickly through his pack pulling out their makeshift map. As he unfurled it to study where they were his newly grown talons had punctured through and created several holes preventing him from doing so.

With great exasperation he shoved the map back into his pack not even bothering to roll it up, damaging it more. He looked at his new hands with frustration.

“These won’t do at all” he mumbled to himself.

He then went searching again through his bag, taking care to not ruin anything this time. He pulled out some fresh bandages and began wrapping the entirety of his hands up to his wrists. Once finished with his hands he felt around his face and fumbled around trying to wrap that in bandages as well. After failing, with a sigh he through his hands up and called out.

“Ay Rahsaan. Lend me your mirror will ya? If not, could someone come and help me with this?”
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

At The Peak Empty Re: At The Peak

Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 pm
Rahsaan had been looking up to the still dark sky with a look of frustration, his left hand massaging the gash across his forehead. At the mention of his name, he jumped looking to Gohzrick,, wearing a look of confusion before he said, “Oh, sorry. I did not  recognize your voice at first.”

He reached into his bag and produced the mirror, before he bent down to hand it over as he said, “Though did we not heal you well enough? Those are an awful lot of bandages.”

As he half-knelt, he let out of a grunt from his own wounds, his free hand gripping his abdomen.
Twang

Mon May 06, 2019 5:52 pm
“Thank ye. Quite alright. It’s to be expected.”

Gohzrik reached for the mirror and propped it up in the snow with some rocks so he could see his face as he was wrapping it. He grimaced under his beard of feathers and stayed silent for a beat before responding.

“These are not because I hurt, though I do.” He chuckled.

“But because of how I look. I have killed people for looking less monstrous than I currently do. Others may react likewise especially in the city and we do not need any more foes or hardships than we currently bear.”

He went silent as he finished wrapping his face including his beard as best he could. He left open just enough of a gap he could speak and still be heard. He handed the bandages and one of his two health potions to Rahsaan.

“I am intimate with the sins of my past, I do not wish to make sinners out of these city dwellers if I can help it.”

He then clinked his health potion against Rahsaan’s and chugged it.
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 pm
Rahsaan gave a reassuring smile as he said "Come now, I do not think your appearance is going to be . . ." He stopped, his grin vanishing; unwilling to lie the part-dwarf's face. He rephrased his words carefully as he continued,

"Uh, I would not say you being monstrous is the problem.  You are far better tempered than half the men we have fought recently. But you do stand out, which if you are trying to keep low would be an issue. I am certain that there is no one like you in Barovia, or in any realm for that matter. I am surprised Eylylyn has not insisted we drop everything so that she may properly study you."

Not sure if that would be taken as a compliment, Rahsaan quickly added, "Though this creature that cursed you, this arch-litch- what led you to fight it? It must have been a harrowing battle, indeed."

He took a sip of the potion and began to unwind the gauze before he stopped, seemingly hesitant before he asked, "And . . .  to be clear I did not want to ask but Voriel wants to know, killing Sylora was not one of your regrets, was it?"
Twang

Tue May 07, 2019 11:32 am
Gohzrik stifled a laugh.

“I am sure I will be poked and prodded to no end once we reach Vallaki and know Ireena is as safe as she can be from Strahd.”

He looked off into the distance as Rahsaan posed his question.

“Pride. I had fought other monsters and fiends. Why should an arch lich not fall as easy? That was my thought. Plus the glory and prestige of retaking the city Gauntlgrym... it was overwhelming.”

He looked back at Rahsaan and sighed.

“I do not regret killing Sylora. I regret not being able to finish the job, and being the only other creature to walk away from that battle alive.”
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Tue May 07, 2019 7:57 pm
Rahsaan tied a length of bandage around his head as Gohzrik answered. Settling it against his cut he said, "While you may not have destroyed her, you were given another chance. But it sounds as if you were able to thwart her, at least a little, right?"

Realizing that the dwarf  had said he was the only one left alive, and piecing together that he had mentioned he traveled with others, the Aasimar let out a sharp gasp, "What am I saying? I am so sorry to hear your loss. I should have realized it sooner! If it is too painful, I will not prod any further."

The monk turned quiet,  turning away from Gohzrik. He maintained the pose for only a few seconds, before he bit his lower lip, and unable to contain his question he asked, "But if you killed Sylora was Gauntlgrym not retaken? Were there other fiends and dark forces that prevented your victory? Why did you not stay . . ."

He paused again, looking sheepish, "Here I am asking all the questions. Is there anything about me you want to ask?"
Twang

Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 pm
Gohzrik turned away quickly, thankful for the bandages covering up his face turning red with anger.

"Spare me your pity, sympathy, empathy... whatever you want to call it. I am undeserving. They died at my hands. I killed them."

He shook his head.

"They were inflicted a similar curse to mine. My companions being forcibly turned into what I had considered monsters. I hardened my heart and slew them all. It was only afterwards I realized what had happened to my body. This new form I had... I turned my own blade on myself. Twas for naught though. Part of the curse prevented me from taking my own life. I cast aside my armor and weapons and walked away from it all. Wandered alone picking fights and hoping for death until I met Master Haki."

As he talked he clenched his fist tight crushing the vial which had held the potion. He turned back to Rahsaan with red eyes.

"What does this Law Giver want with Voriel, are there not other angels they could hunt for their schemes? Or is there a shared past and secrets between them?"
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Thu May 09, 2019 4:01 pm
Rahsaan seemed a little embarrassed as the part-dwarf rejected the empathy. He sighed, "It is an unavoidable habit of mine, feeling for the plights of others. Sorry if . . ." He stopped himself, with a small laugh "Ah, there I go again."

After Gohzrik  poised his question, Rahsaan did not reply right away, instead he closed for eyes for a moment, before he frowning with a wince. With his eyes still closed he said, "There is a past between them, but a lot of things are still lost. He does not remember the details"

He opened his eyes and continued, "I figured The Lawgiver was after Voriel because he is an angel and the Lawgiver is evil, and that was enough. But their pursuit into Barovia made me wonder why bother if he had already left their land. I thought they were chasing after me in Nova Vaasa itself because I stole these," He tapped his fingers on his spear and held up the silver mask, before dropping it on its string, "and . . . because I may have tried to burn the church down to try and cover my escape. It was empty at the time, to be clear."

With a frown, he said, "But they would not take the effort to trap themselves here just for a thief. And they made it clear they knew about Voriel when they ambushed us outside the Morninglord's church."

He then hung his head slightly, a small cloud escaping his lips as he exhaled, "But I still do not know how they know Voriel is with me. I only told my closest friend back in Nova Vaasa about him, and she hated the Lawgiver just as much as I. She could not have told anyone." He said the last part to himself as much as Gohzrik.  

He met his companions gaze, "While they may want Voriel for a wicked scheme, even he does now know of any other angels. There certainly were no others in Nova Vaasa."

He then asked, "Have you heard stories of other angels?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum