Hell's Half Acre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Forging Ahead Empty Forging Ahead

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:36 pm
Rahsaan wiped sweat from his brow as he emptied his pockets. He stood before one of the mighty hearths within Krezic’s walls. While he knew nothing about forges- other than it could still burn a hand long after it had stopped glowing red- one of the King’s men named Durthal had offered to lend his services. He stood opposite the Aasimar who currently debated with himself what exactly to make out of his accumulated treatures. He already had a weapon that suited him perfectly, and he had no need for armor. Then he got an idea.
“Is there any of your powers we have not restored?” He asked Voriel.
Voriel went silent for a few seconds before he said, “Hm, let’s see: we have flight, the power to scorch with the fires of heaven, telepathy, see through even the deepest darkness, perceive the unseen, speak to any living creature, bestowing protective blessings of the divine, walking on walls . . .”
Rahsaan made a grimace in disbelief, “How is that an angelic power? And what is the purpose of walking on walls if we can already fly?”
“I didn’t make my own powers; I for one am not going  to refuse the blessings from the primordial beings of all creation! But I don’t know either.” Voriel said.
Rahsaan shrugged, “If you are at your full power, then I suppose I could just make some unbreakable rope . . . or something.”
As he gripped the whiskers tightly in his hand, he could still feel latent heat, “But even I can tell there is much magic still in this- it seems like a waste.”
The threads in his grip trembled as if Voriel was running his own hand against it, and the young man heard a grunt of realization from the angel, “Actually, there was one more power of mine- it isn’t terribly exciting, but in the olden days if someone used magic on me that I would prefer not blemish my form, the spell would fail. I tell you, you should have seen the look on some of those wicked mages’ faces when they saw all the years they spent perfecting their spells go to waste.” Rahsaan could tell from his friend's voice he was grinning as he spoke.  
He scratched the side of his head, “That . . . would be helpful. Do you think this would let us do the same thing?”
Voriel’s elation deflated slightly, “For the most part, I say yes. More potent magic may still get through, but combined with my power it should block all but the most potent of Strahd’s effects.”
Rahsaan’s eyes widened, “Do we not want to stop the worst of his powers?”  
“We’ll stop that once we destroy him.” Voriel said, “But I believe that still is beyond the scope of this admittedly magnificent mustache. But forcing him to use his strongest abilities just to try and slow the two of us will allow the others to strike hard and fast. Strahd has had plenty of time watching us in Barovia. If we are able to take him by surprise, that will be invaluable.”
Rahsaan did not reply right away- was Voriel actually considering that they would not only draw the dark lord’s attention- but coax him into attacking him- with his full power?
When has Voriel led you astray. He reminded himself, Enough with this doubt!
He gave a wide grin and turned to Durthal, “Alright! So I have made my decision. I will let Voriel explain it because he knows better.”
“If it is within your talents, we would like to have the anti-magical properties of the dragon transferred to the wearer of these fine whiskers ” Voriel said, so both Rahsaan and the dwarf could hear. He then added what only the smith could discern, “And if possible, there is a slight modification I’d like to add. . .
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum