Hell's Half Acre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

When the Past Catches Up Empty When the Past Catches Up

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:27 pm
An air of exhaustion loomed over the small crowd that made their way to Izmark and Ireena’s estate, seemingly choking the lively discussion usually heard amongst them. The Kenku and Sir Mercurion were understandably  drained due to their wounds, though everyone still seemed worn between curing the cursed young man and the ambush outside the church. Rahsaan let out a long sigh of irritation and began the arduous task of restraining his past waist-length hair.

“How do you even fight like this? It just gets in the way!”

Voriel gave no reply. Strange, he hadn’t said anything since he “borrowed” Rahsaan to try and slay the fledging vampire. Rahsaan was certain he would have made some sort of comment about the men sent after him, or disappointment he didn’t get the chance to smite the assassins himself. Though the monk soon reasoned that perhaps, just as Rahsaan had to rest when he used Voriel’s gifts frequently, maybe the angel needed time to restore himself after using Rahsaan’s power. . .

Gripping two fistfuls of his ebony hair, Rahsaan looked to the man they had captured. Maybe this was his chance before Voriel regained his senses and demanded he face judgement. He originally wanted to wait and question him until they arrived at a more secure location, but the streets of Barovia were eerily quiet- no one except those in their crew would overhear. He maneuvered next to his would-be captor and said, “Tell me what you know about who hired you. I would prefer to think you were just desperate to hunt after me, not kill my friends in cold blood to get to me.”

He folded his arms over his still bare chest, losing all progress on his hair, “But first, give me something to call you.”
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

When the Past Catches Up Empty Re: When the Past Catches Up

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:29 am
The bound man, in his mid to late 40's with salt and pepper hair peeking out from beneath his sallet helmet turned to look upon Rahsaan. After taking his measure his voice was not hurried or concerned but was cautious as he spoke, "My name is Günter Horst, but the crew I worked with mostly referred to me as gunnie. Call me what you will. I have no real say in the matter, my life is forfeit now-I was pretty certain I was gone there for a moment but your knight brought me to."

He takes several more steps in silence mulling his words before speaking again.

"Officially-I can tell you that this was not intended to be a cold killing. We were supposed to try and grab you alive but were informed you had hired some muscle and security that would not likely let you go quietly or easily."

He nods to the group around him. "There weren't supposed to be five of you." Seeing Izmark and Ireena and her guard, "-sorry, eight." Seeing Piddlywick for the first time, he adds "...and a half."

He grows silent again. "Professionally I would tell you that, the people who hired me have been in the game awhile. They also were selective about who took the job."

Drawing out the word-"Ppprrrofessionally speaking, I could tell you that there were four people who I met with. They all seemed to be part of the same group, same uniform and whatnot. They also only spoke in code or something-no names, just titles. Like I said-professionals. They all smelled like death, but one of them looked like death warmed over. Two wielded swords and whips, one had a flail, and the other had a staff or something. The ugly looking sod was the one with the staff."

He puckered his lips out, "...but personally I think whatever you did to make these guys mad really struck a nerve."

"Unoffically..." He looked around him conspicuously, "Unofficially I believe these guys spoke Vaasi. I would expect that they watched that skirmish and are likely already making arrangements to try again. If it were me, I would leave town tonight and stay off the roads. At least the wolves and other nightmares in this place don't have you in their scope. If I were them I would probably strike hard and fast with all the arrows and swords I could buy...which by the way-they have a lot of money."

He gets quiet again taking more steps but then says, "And--" he looks up to you but stops speaking as you look like you have a million thigs to say.
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:51 am
Rahsaan studied the mercinary carefully as he replied to the intial question. He still couldn't decide yet if Gunter had merely accepted the job and was duped by the Lawgiver- or just another brute who relished the chance of killing others. The young man gave a curt nod and asked, his tone still serious but unpressing,  
"But they did not tell you what I did? While I happened across a poster telling others of my arrival in this town,  it did not say what I am wanted for."

Well, he assumed it didn't- none of the others who could actually read the flier hadn't accused or questioned him of anything.

"I do not doubt my enemies resources- I imagine the coin they pried from those who earned it is nearly endless. I  also assume that they were the ones who armed you so thoroughly."

He narrowed his eyes, "But I am done with running, hiding from that corrupted regime. The Lawgiver doesn't just kill its enemies, he fights through fear and manipulation of the unsuspecting.  Scaring me so that I never trouble them again would grant them the victory they seek."

His tone turned more empathetic as his expression softened a little, :Tell me anything you can about what they told you about me and how they hired you Gunter, and you may find your life not so forfeit."
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:05 pm
Günter shook his head, "No-I didn't ask what you supposedly did, and they didn't feel inclined to mention it. Just dangled a sack of golden lions in front of me and offered me the job."

He frowned, "You don't seem overtly like a madman, and you didn't get your goons to let me fade off into death so I assume maybe that whatever you did likely wasn't seen as a crime in most reasonable circles but rather that they are just over zealous crazies. But they are rich crazies and that alone makes the job enticing in these cursed lands. The getting rich part."

Looking around him until he sees Twang carrying his crossbow, he sighs, his head hanging low again "In regards to my arsenal-actually I made that. but they did provide the fancy arrows." Under his breath he mutters, "...clearly didn't help much..."

At Rahsaan's remark regarding the Lawgiver he looks back to him, "Look lad, I'm not telling you how to live your life-staying off the roads is just me offering some advice. Take it or leave it. It's just what I would do. Just because we didn't finish the job doesn't mean other less skilled guys aren't capable of wearing you down and they might not be as direct about it either. I wasn't trying to scare you off, but you don't have to be scared to think smart."

"As far as how I found myself on this job, the people offering the big money came into town maybe a few days ago and claimed they were setting up a one day tournament of sorts. Wanted any talented locals to apply. Turned out this was tryouts-the finalists were offered a paid job to capture you. There were actually a handful that just left once they realized what the purpose of this had been, but the ones that stayed got the details." He frowns again, "Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of the guys who walked away since then..."

The possibility of him not being a dead man seemed to lighten his spirits briefly as he added, "Well I guess I might as well tell you then, I don't think the group I met with was the only ones about. I also am pretty sure the man in charge of the operation- I didn't meet him but the others seemed somewhat scared of him-called him the black duke. They mentioned something about a brotherhood of whips too but I don't know if that's helpful to you or not."

Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:54 pm
Rahsaan held his chin as Gunter answered his questions; he was ataully caught off guard by the man's sincerity. He also wondered how long the Black Duke's or his minions had been watching him since his flight from Kantora; the bolts given to Gunter seemed particularly suited to piercing Mercurion's defenses. He didn't want to think about what would have happened if one of them had struck anyone else.

"I believe the only reason you weren't tasked for bringing back my head is because your hires want to make a spectacle of my execution. Though I wonder if they are aware that they too are trapped here in Barovia. Unless, they do have some way to return to Nova Vaasa  . . ."

He said the last part more to himself as he shrugged, "The didn't tell you what I did because they would lose hunters that way. The only crime I am guilty of is escaping from their regime after finding out firsthand  how depraved they were- are. Disobeying a direct order is one of the worst offenses anyone can commit in Nova Vaasa. Anyone openly mocking the Iron Faith is almost unheard of."

His gaze turns to the mask hanging around his neck and the spear in his hand for only a moment, before he continued, "But how many others agreed to hunt me that were not with you tonight? And do you know what kind of weapons or tools they were offered to complete their task?"
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:25 am
Günter shrugs, "I am not a believer in much of anything other than a good cup of wine and living long enough between jobs to buy my next cup. Disobeying an order doesn't seem like a big deal let alone an execution unless you are a soldier...which given you and your group's combat prowess I could see-in which case you fleeing would make you a deserter. Either way-not my business."

At Rahsaans question he angles his head trying to remember, "Well lets think. In our group there was Florin-he was the man on the roof, the sellsword Andrei, and me. At the meeting there was Dragos-he's handy with a spear and stick, Sebastian-he had some type of explosive, and then there was the young one...what was his name? Dani...no no..Grigori. thats it. I don't know what he was skilled at. At first I thought he was one of the others servant errand boy, but he stuck around and took money. All total-there were six of us that stayed for the job. With us out you only have Dragos, Sebastian and Grigori...but if word gets out that you held your own against us, I could see the remaining guys bringing in their own friends, so them three may easily become thirty-assuming the others decide to team up instead of acting alone."

He frowns upon seeing Ireena's guard and turns back to Rahsaan, "I know you didn't do it personally, but killing Florin is not going to make the others like you and in fact might make them more trigger happy. He was pretty popular among the locals. His brother Bildrath owns the only tradeshop in town. His nephew Parri-bit of a dunce but is a walking tower of muscle, helps out Bildrath in his own way, but they along with Florin were a tight nit bunch. I would be surprised if word of the fight hasn't already reached the ears of the town busybody's Alenka and Sorvia-a pair of bar flies. They are the sort that give the Vistani a bad rap. If Andrei had been killed that's one thing-nobody in town knew him, but Florin is a different story. Sebastian seemed to look up to Florin as a role model of sorts. He'd be the one I'd be on the lookout for most."
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:23 pm
As Gunter shared the names of the bounty hunters and their abilties, Rahsaan wished he had the ability to write them down- both pen, paper, and learning how in the first place. Though he reasoned he could always relate this same information to Twang so neither of them would forget.  "So the others were like you; hires looking to line their pockets. I'm actually relieved to hear that."

He hand rubbed against the mask, seemingly of it's own accord as he said,  "I feared that the Lawgiver might have actually managed to convince a few of the locals to their cause, but from what you told me, they've resorted to nothing more than bribery. But were any of these hired men of honor? Do you think maybe that they might call off their hunt of they learned that I was innocent?" He gives an uneasy wince, "Eh, for the most part.  At least discovered I am not deserving of death."  

He looked to Aspen, and opened his mouth as if he was going to elaborate, but instead resumed eye contact with Gunter, "What about you? You said you care nothing besides getting your next drink. You are not fighting for anyone besides yourself, friends or family?"
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:56 pm
"Oh don't get me wrong-the group certainly made their pitch to try and persuade us to join their 'oh so noble cause'. But the thing about Barovians is that nobody with a brain buys into the idea of a 'free lunch'. Anything that sounds too good to be true-always is. A faith that claims to have solved the worlds problems and has the answer to any question, and all that's required is total blind obedience to their creed....thats a tough sell in Barovia. Money talks. And you tell me that failing to obey ends in execution-for some reason they glossed over that during the indoctrination. All that to say-I would not expect converts to be all that plentiful in Barovia." He gives a sad smile.

"I don't know of any men of honor. If they exist at all-they don't live in Barovia. So on that front-you are out of luck."

At the latter question the man snorts but says nothing for a long time.
"I have a daughter somewhere. I've only seen her once. Her mother is of a vistani. I traveled with them for a time, but most of the caravan was slain or hunted down in the crossing from Borca. I hid the woman, my child and some of her kin, but when I came home they were gone. I've not seen or heard from them since. I am but a Giorgio-half blooded, so I do not matter. I drink to forget. If you have a way to aid in that regard-I would gladly accept it."
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:08 pm
At the man's reply, Rahsaan realized the absurdity of what he was doing- trying to find a reason to excuse the man who had tried to kill them. It seems his presumption of a desperate circumstance was founded- that also meant that this man was not lost forever.  Rahsaan's gaze turned deeply empathetic, giving a pitying smile, "I must admit, I do not want make an empty promises- I myself am for more adapt at hiding from those looking for me rather than seeking out those on the run."

He looked about the small crowd that traveled onward,  "But that does not mean we cannot find success as a unit. Perhaps if we all work together, we would be able to at least get you answers about what happened. In my haste to escape Nova Vaasa, I myself had to leave those I cared about behind. It's . . . stressful, to say the least, not knowing if they are safe, while you yourself are powerless to aid them."

He blinked a few times, refocusing on Gunter, "Share what you remember, and I will convince the others to look for them with me. But, I'd also need a way to find you again so we might share our findings."

Suddenly, his face hardened, and Gunter was certain he saw the gold in his eyes bleed to silver, as his voice deepened and spoke in a harsh tone, "But know this- my offer to help you comes from my understanding you no longer wish to harm me or my companions. If you play any part aiding the Lawgiver or the other hunters again, we will not be so understanding next time we meet. Do I make myself clear?"
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Günter made to empty his pockets and gestured towards Twang, "Even if I wanted to collect the reward on you-how would I do that? I don't have a square iron to my name and the bow there took me nearly half a season to make. Nothing in this cursed land is free. And besides-if the church group felt execution was a reasonable response for disobedience I hardly think failure at a task would be viewed any more kindly."

He turned away from Rahsaan, "And you misunderstand-I don't want you to find my girl. I don't want to think about them. I don't want to see them. I would be too angry at them for leaving without a word, too foolish in my anger to be grateful that they returned. My daughter would see only a shell of who I was--No. I just want to drink and forget them. It hurts less that way. I simply meant that I would be grateful for some wine."
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:45 pm
Just as soon as it had appeared, the silver drained from Rahsaan’s eyes. “Wait, what?”

He shook his head, “No, that’s not it. I believe you do want to find and see them again, you’ve just convinced yourself otherwise. Told yourself it was impossible. You say you are only a shadow of what you were. Well, what were you before? And why have you forsaken that path?”
He then adds in a softer voice, “Living just for yourself is an empty existence- I escaped from those depths of misery myself. Please, let me- us, help you.”
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:57 am
The man looks up at the Nova Vassan and sighed, his eyes welling up with tears "Look sir-I have answered all your questions as a professional. As a captive I believe I have been more than generous..." His words die away as they leave his lips.

The bowman turns his gaze away and sniffs once, "I was a good man once. I cared about people instead of trying to kill them--now...now I'm at my best when I'm three sheets to the wind. My reason for living left me without shedding a tear, and took away any hope of joy with her. I am unwelcomed wherever I go unless I am paid to be there, I have no coins, no food to fill my belly, and no wine to keep me from remembering it all."

Günter spits bitterly as he red-eyed and tear faced stares emptily at Rahsaan, "You ask why I am not a good fellow any longer; Have you ever felt love-true honest love, before boy? Your heart doing cartwheels in your chest when you catch a whiff of the right perfume- your thoughts awash in a torrent of awe of how this angelic divine creature could have found and been attracted to you, while at the same time asking what humble meager offerings you could provide to hope to brighten their day; Your stomach in knots when you go too long without looking to make sure the best part of life to ever happen to you is still there.... Only to one day look back and find it all gone. To feel your body fade into blackness as your heart is yanked free from your chest with no amount of pain, or shed tears enough to free you from this soul crushing prison of your own making and feel yourself drifting endlessly in a free fall...."

"That's why I need a drink."
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:31 pm
When Gunter asked rhetorically if he had ever felt love, Rahsaan's gaze turned distant as he mind began to wander, dredging up brief glimmers, fleeting moments of memory. He heard her laughter- joyfully echoing through the air. He felt her embrace- the only warmth to be found on a frigid winters night.  He remembered a pair of hushed yet excited whispers, exchanging their deepest of secrets . . .

Once the man had finished explaining to sorrow, Rahsaan let out a curt huff, "I am not speaking with you so that we may compare our past woes; it is foolish to lament over the past and refuse to learn from it. But I will share this: I had to leave someone behind; my flight from Nova Vaasa was so sudden I couldn't even make sure she and the others we cared for were safe from the fiends who hired you. I don't know if the inquisition found them, or even if street thugs located our hideout and killed them. As much as I still may worry . . . I do not want to forget them. Even if I cannot help them now, even if I cannot see them again, I can at least honor their memory, and try to make the different I made for them wherever I find myself. But I cannot help you if you don't let me."

The silver tinge returned to his eyes,  "If you believe that there is no chance in seeing your family again, that you have no desire for the possibility of knowing they are safe- than say no more."

Last edited by Rahsaan on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:00 pm
The man eases his tears and rubs his face on his sleeve as he says, "You still want to think about them even knowing you are helpless to aid them in ANY way? How does that not drive you mad?"

As Günter finished the question there was a sluggish grunt, "Are you ladies almost done? I am getting tired of listening to the sob stories. Its a real downer and none of you have breasts, so I can't even focus on them to tune you out." Andrei lifts his head. "There are more important questions to discuss anyway. Like who are you guys?" he says looking around at the group.

He pops his neck, "And more importantly than that-how did I end up bound and strapped to an ass?" He turns to Günter and adds, "...and riding a mule no less?"

Andrei looks around, his eyes growing wide with concern or anger or maybe both as he shouts, "Who took my sword?!? Which one of you lousy, cheap skate, two bit, good for nothing, sons of Strahd's whor--" His voice is cut out by Günter elbowing his in his ribcage knocking the wind out of his chest.
He mutters a few more curse words before he forcefully wheezes out, "Who....-took....-Sasha?"
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:26 pm
As  impertinent as Andrei was, he did have a point- perhaps that was enough wallowing in past despair for now.  Rahsaan let Gunter think over his response as he raised a brow at Andrei, "I do not think you are in position to demand your weapon back. But you should know me as the one you were sent to bring in. Unless that nap cleared your head a little too well."

He formed fists as he sides,  "How much did you overhear? And are you like Gunter here, just looking to claim a bounty? Or did the Lawgiver sway you to their side?" He watched the sword for hire intently as he awaited his response.
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:34 pm
Andrei let out a humpf, "I don't think you're in a position to have a face that ugly but yet here we are, and there you stand; y'know while we are tossing out insults." He gestures his head to the others, "I meant the rest of them. I know who you are. You're the shirtless twit who made a bunch of other robed idiots so upset, they had to waddle all the way here wth sticks rammed up their high and mighty butts to pay the likes of me to try and bring you to 'em for what I can only hope is not another round of getting hit with the ugly stick."

Günter rolled his eyes, "You'll have to excuse him. He was raised by caliban..." His voice lowers, "But in regards to the other thing..." He blinks slowly and says quieter, "yes."

"Hah! They should be so lucky!" Andrei bellowed. He looked over to Rahsaan, "I don't get political. And no-I wasn't here for a bounty, I was here for the gold I needed to buy me a nice sordied wench on one hand, and another for my other hand." His nonchalant attitude drops as he said totally serious, "But I will repeat myself slowly-where is S-A-S-H-A?"
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:34 pm
Rahsaan ignored Andrei's petty insults, and said, "Calm yourself. Your weapon is right . . ."  He pointed over to where Twang and Sir Mercurion were talking, but realized that the Kenku was showing the knight his own, strangely curved sword.  He glanced around and saw that no one else appeared to have procured the abandoned weapon. "I . . . suppose Sasha is wherever you last left her. Or him. It."

He turned back to address Gunter, a wide grin spreading across his face,  "Very well! I need to know their names and the circumstance of their disappearance. Do you believe that they were captured, or forced to flee on their own? I promise we will do everything in our power to bring you the closure you need. " He holds eye contact with Gunter for a moment, seemingly proud  before  he looked to Andrei, a only slightly malicious gleam in his eye, "But this Sasha . . . why is she . . ." He paused to correct himself, "this sword so important to you? Surely, a solider such as yourself should have several choice of arms."
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:37 am
Günter nods in understanding, "Petruska-my wife, and Arabelle-my daughter. Why anyone would want a baby not of their own I do not know, but my wife was very beautiful. They could have been taken. I do not know what happened to them, only that as I said-I returned home and found them gone. Arabelle would be about 8 or 9 years now. Their caravan was pursued by men from Invidia. They tried to hide in Borca but fled here when they realized they'd been found. There was a declaration on the Vistani in Invidia, probably still is. None are safe there."

His voice is drowned out by the screams and cursing from Andrei-who was glaring at everyone and no one. "Important?!? That sword is my lifeblood! She's my lucky charm! Every coin I have collected since I was able to wield a blade has been earned with HER!!!"

He fumes, "And I had her in my hands before one of you brutes decided to hit me from behind...or something. It doesn't matter how it happened-the point is-you either need to find my sword or you might as well just kill me now. I will strangle you in your sleep...no no-thats too quick, yes I will poison you! No I will rip out your innards and feed them to you!...." He continues listing off the plethora of ways he would kill you-some more creative than others, one involving a wet fish scale and a chicken.
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:01 pm
Petruska. Arabelle. Invidia. He said the names over in his mind; he'd have to relay this later to Twang so they could all remember. He nodded appreciatively to Gunter, "We will find out what happened to them; at the very least I can bring closure so you no longer need drink to sooth your worries."

Rahsaan then turned back to Andrei, his expression visablly annoyed. He was able to coerce Gunter to allow his help; he knew Andrei needed help, too- even if he did have a particular way of asking for it. As the mercenary continued to plot his demise, Rahsaan thought what to say- until he reasoned actions would speak louder than words.

"Wait here." He said as if the two men had any other choice, before he turned and darted away from them, his long black hair trailing after him like a loose cloak. After only a moment or two of frantic running through the cobbled streets of Barovia,  he arrived back at the church of the Morninglord, quickly scanning the scene before realizing Sasha was missing. He could have sworn Andrei would have dropped her at the entrance, and he even asked Father Donnavich- who was still wondering about outside the church grounds- who replied he knew nothing of the missing sword.

He ran back to the others empty handed, turning his attention back to Andrei, stilling huffing from his sprint, his torso glistening with sweat, and said, "I do not believe any of my other companions retrieved her. Besides seeing you through several battles, was Sasha magical?"

Last edited by Rahsaan on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:32 am
Günter said nothing more, his thoughts clearly dwelled on other far away matters.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Andrei grew deathly silent as Rahsaan returned emptyhanded. Upon the question he seemed to wince as he spoke he words, "No, She was a normal sword otherwise."

He looked at the others and then cast a look back to the town. "Thieves. Thats what they are-all of 'em. And they know it too-not a honest face among them."

The otherwise stoic and silent green cloaked figure who had stalked the party and drawn blood by killing the musketman closed to within several feet of the group. His long reddish-brown dwarven beard wrapped tightly in bands. A pair of well used daggers stored on his belt snugly. He sneered at the bound man and only said in broken common tongue, "All of you are."

Last edited by FatherofNight on Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Rahsaan felt a shiver run through him as the dwarf addressed Andrei- their rescuer referred to him whether he realized it or not. "I truly am sorry that I was not able to find Sasha. I get that others may not understand how a seemingly regular weapon or accesory can be important to you," He glanced down to the mask around his neck, and then looked back up to Andrei, "but I do hope that she finds her way back to you."  

He then folded his arms again as he studied the dwarf briefly, then asked,  "Why did you help us?" He gestured to his friends, "You interfered with a ambush without knowing either of the sides . . . unless you know who we," he looked back to Gunter and the other mercenary, "or they are."
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:01 pm
The dwarven man without looking at Rahsaan, his gaze and sneer remained on Andrei as he spoke again his speech thick with a foreign accent, "You protect Kolyanavich the lesser. No need to know you. Know enough. Kolyanavich have no friends. Only humans worth knowing."

Andrei turned to say something smartmouthed to the dwarf in retort but upon looking at the man's eyes, actually seemed to shrink and remained quiet.

Günter looked up from his thoughts and turned to see the dwarf and said his words crisp and tight filled with anger, "I thought the last pogrom in town was the end of you-you murdererous midget of a caliban."

The dwarf turned away from Andrei to face Günter as he spoke again, "You humans are nothing. Your hunts for my head only lead to more of you dead. Like sheep. I will end you all. Sá sem úthellir dverga blóð, með dverga, skal úthella blóði hans"
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:37 pm
"No one is killing anyone right now." Rahsaan said, raising his voice and making sure no one was making any foolish gestures of aggression. Suppressing his disappointment that slaughter of non-humans still continued across the Nova Vassan border, he looked between Gunter and the dwarf, "There seems to have been plenty of bad blood between the two . . ." he glanced up at Andrei, "all of you well before tonight. I overheard that you protect Ireena," He nodded to the dwarf, "Was a price put on her head? Were hunters after her, too?"

He then adds, "I'm Rahsaan, by the way." He said to all gathered, realizing he hadn't actually introduced himself. He extended his right hand for the dwarf to take if he is inclined.
FatherofNight
FatherofNight

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:17 pm
The Dwarf turned to look in Rahsaans direction but did not look him in the face. "In a manner. Lady Kolyanavich is target. Strahd the Vrolok evaded twice. Others try-- die."

Günter looked to Rahsaan, "The bad blood is on him." He gestures to the dwarf, "He hates Barovians." The Dwarf utters a low rumble growl of correction-"Humans."
Andrei remains uncharacteristically silent.

The cloaked man looked at Rahsaan's extended hand but made no move to take it, "I am called Badan. Lesser Kolyanavich pays you. How much?" His tone is flat, cold and leaves no room for misunderstanding.
Rahsaan
Rahsaan

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:38 pm
Rahsaan still held out his hand to Badan, though he did turn to Gunter, "If he hates all Barovians, that's a bit strange to find him serving under a family of them. And to the point of killing and dying for the Kolyanavichs."

He looked back to the dwarf, "But to answer your question, Izmark did not hire us. We actually found him pursued by wolves as he returned to town, and were able to fight off the animals so he arrived safely. Your master then asked us for help dealing with Strahd's interest in his sister, so . . ." He thought for a moment, not really wanting to go into the details of Madam Eva's fortune, and the treasure that was stolen from the Kolyanavich house. " . . . out of compassion, we agreed."

He nodded to the others in his party, "We travel about these lands, seeking to right wrongs and help those in need- we didn't ask for any payment up front, but I'm sure your master's house will repay their gratitude."  

Rahsaan then looked down at himself, "Hopefully, he has a shirt he'd be willing to part with. Or three."

If Badan still does not take his hand, he lowers it as he asked, "I will not ask how much you are making, but are you only serving the Kolyanavich's because of the depth of their wallet? Do you owe them no other loyalty?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum